2019-12-03

Advent calendar, day 3

1. Today's prescriptions from Advent calendar was "Bake a stollen with marzipan".
I bought some organic marzipan in Paris in November 2018. It has been frozen all this time. It is so delicious, with so strong flavour, that I thought "Do I really want to use it for a stollen?!" :) With a heavy heart, I did it because I have been planning to make a stollen since last year...
I took a recipe from Bröd by Emmanuel Hadjiandreou. Maybe my Swedish skills were not so good or something else but dough was really dense. It would be a disaster, I thought. But after I added alcoholized dried cherries and raisins, it changed for the better. I don't know yet if it is edible :) Will see in the end of December.








2. While my stollen dough was resting for a while I made some cantuccini with almond. And they were so tasty that I didn't know how to stop eating all the smaller bites I could find :)))))






Christmas corner in the kitchen under our homemade Christmas tree :) 

3. Evening tea from calender was Chai Charge: rooibos, cinnamon, cloves, turmeric, cardamom, garlic, knapweed. Relaxing and delicious :)


Best wishes,
Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment