2019-12-01

Birthday!

1. We began my birthday with a delicious breakfast:

  • waffles with sourdough starter - Lievito Madre. They were more crispy than usual.
  • fresh orange juice.
  • baked brie and Lapland cheese
  • fruit salad
  • different kinds of homemade jam that we made during the summer season :)
  • and tea from our other Advent calendar - Advent tea calender by English Tea Shop. It was Gingerbread treat: black tea, cinnamon, ginger, apple, cardamom - all ingredients are organic. 













2.Then there was a photo shoot :) We do it always on a special occasion like birthday or Christmas...
Somehow it ended with a degustation of my birthday cake - Medovik. It was never our favorite. I even thought that I had never tasted it before... But I did and  when I tasted it this time I recalled that I didn't like it at all then. It was always too sweet, too mush.
I changed its cream: made Pâtisserie Traditionnelle cream with a juniper berry instead of vanilla, and with lingonberry filling. It was very original :) Not too sweet, with mild pine scent, lingonberry bitterness and a slightly sour taste... Good!





29!
Not sure, if I made any wish...








3. And the 1 December prescription from our Advent calendar was "Make Christmas decorations" :)
We did it whole evening... Very unusual evening :) But happy one :)




Best wishes,
Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment