2019-12-05

Advent calendar, day 5

1. According to our Advent calendar we needed to "Get Christmas books or magazines from shops or the local library". I decided to do it earlier and already had "Joulu Maalla" magazine at home :) We needed only to open and read it during the breakfast... You know, we never did it before. It was amazing! And this magazine had so lovely photographs about Finish home design, Christmas traditions... Very interesting!


2. Then I received a message from the local library that some books I had ordered earlier arrived. I went there and I also found a lot of Christmas books for children and about Christmas design there. So during my second breakfast :) I took a look on one of them - "Herra Hakkarainen. Joulun Jäljillä" by Mauri Kunnas. And it was wonderful! It had a quest with hidden objects in images... The task was not simple at all :) The book was in Finnish and there were many other objects that stole our attention. But it was a lovely thing to do :) Reminded me of my childhood...



3. My birthday flowers started blooming :) They don't smell but they are beautiful! 


4. We decided to go through more books during the evening tea. The tea was amazing "Tropical lemongrass": lemongrass, mint, hibiscus, rose hip, chamomile, apple. Very good taste and flavour! Now it is my favorite :) I even would like to buy this kind of tea :)
Our Christmas corner: it is becoming richer and more interesting every day. Good!

5. A dinner that had been meant for my birthday :) But we postponed it and I made it only today. I took a recipe "Leek and ricotta tart" from The Meat Free Monday Cookbook. I replaced ricotta with organic cottage cheese. And I didn't have enough butter so I took olive oil for the pastry. The pie was very good! Maybe the pastry softened a bit too much but it tasted delicious! I will do it again for sure.

Best wishes,
Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment