2019-12-07

Advent calendar, day 7

1. When I am in the holiday mood, no desire to cook, I check my freezer. Usually I can find something saved for 'hard moments' there. Today I found there a few croissants.
- Will one per person suffice? - I asked my husband.
- No, no, probably not, - he answered, doubting my feeding capabilities, as usual.
So I put four on the table. I also made a fruit salad, sliced some cheese, found a cherry jam, and warmed up a tea from berries and dried apples.
A few minutes after we started eating, we were still in the middle of the first croissant each. A few minutes later, we were still there. A few minutes more we realized that one croissant per person was too much. The croissants from elsewhere should not be compared with mine, that's the conclusion...



2. Our Advent calendar suggested taking a walk to a flea market. It was raining cats and dogs, however.
- Maybe I will make Karjalanpiirakka (Karelian pies, a traditional Finnish course) instead? - I suggested.
- Ehhhh, we did not even finish our croissants... - my husband doubted again.
It took us a whole hour to make a decision. Fairly enough, my husband took the heaviest part and stayed to sleep a bit more on the sofa, but I went out to walk 10.5 km. Why? Because even though it's raining, we shall be brave to travel and curious to see the things we don't need. They develop us more than the 'necessary' things we already know, right?

Flea market Mimmin Kirppis























Flower shop Flör



















Shopping center Skanssi 









 
3. Evening tea - White Wonderland: white tea, cinnamon, cacao, peppermint, liquorice (licorice), chamomile. Good! My husband liked it a lot :)

Best wishes,
Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment