2019-09-29

Craterellus tubaeformis

I found them for the first time in my whole life :)
I never saw these mushrooms in Belarus. Actually, I never saw them here, in Finland, too... They are a new kind for me and I have never put my eye on them. But I read about them in local magazines and saw them on Scandinavian Instagram accounts every autumn . But I never saw them in the forest... Until this day. I have been wandering in places that I read they must grow in for approximately 30 minutes. But I didn't see them... I understood they were there but it was too difficult to see them, tiny Yellowfoots, in the autumn forest. And SOMEHOW I found the first one. I was looking at it with amazement and disbelieve. It was a very happy moment :) I found a few more and went home. They were too wet to give any flavour during cooking. Next time I'll dry them a little before cooking.
Local shops sell them for 30 euro/kg now.  





Best wishes,
Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment