2019-09-16

Leek and potato soup by Julia Child/Mastering the art of French cooking

It's the first recipe I made from this book :)
It is possible to change the soup by adding carrots, string beans, cauliflower, broccoli, or anything else... I added approximately 350 g broccoli.
Good!
I also made Croûtes - hard-toasted French bread. I don't even know what I like more - the soup or this bread :)

for 6 to 8 people
1 lb (454 g) peeled potatoes, sliced or diced
1 lb (454 g) thinly sliced leeks including the tender green
3 pts. (approx 1.5 l) of water
1 tsp salt
I added approximately 350 g broccoli.

1 to 1 1/2 oz. (approx 40 g) softened butter
2 to 3 tbsp chopped parsley

Simmer the vegetables, water, and salt together, partially covered, for 40 to 50 min until the vegetables are tender.
Use a blender to mash the vegetables into purée. Set aside uncovered until just before serving, then reheat to simmering point.
Away from heat, and just before serving stir in the butter. Decorate with parsley.

I ate this soup on the next day. I heated only 1 portion up, added 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp chopped parsley from my balcony. And I had a delicious lunch during the whole week :)

For Croûtes:
Sourdough bread
Olive oil
A cut clove of garlic

Cut bread into pieces, grease with olive oil and bake in the preheated oven 180°C until it is thoroughly dried out and lightly browned.
After baking, each piece may be rubbed with cut garlic.

I like garlic, so I used nearly a half of a cut clove per piece of bread :)
Good-good!

Now I'm writing this post and thinking about another recipe from this book. Can't wait to taste something new again :) 




Best wishes,
Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment