2019-10-27

Life mix

When I took Nigel Slater’s Appetite book from the library, the first recipe I paid attention to was the one I cooked today: ‘A creamy, calming pasta dish’. Spaghetti with a garlic sauce turned out to be a light and delicious course, where garlic was unrecognizable, yet gave a sweat taste. ‘I should rely on my intuition more,’ I concluded about my choice of the recipe.
When the pasta was already on the table, I glanced at my balcony. Ooops! I thought that 26 October in Finland would not be a good day to expect another harvest from my salads. Yet they were still alive, green and violet young leaves –like tender little friends. I saved them from the coming frost, took them home and placed near the warm pasta. ‘I should not trust my intuition so much,’ I concluded about my pessimist agricultural expectations.
Looks like I should trust myself more when I choose for myself but trust the world (and not myself) when it decides for themselves, like my salad did. Life is a mix, a resonance between my pasta and a salad from the balcony. You never know what results from that.





Best wishes, 
Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment